Welcome to my blog! This blog was started about 1 week ago and while I don't have many posts just yet, I have a plan, an idea, a direction and I encourage you all to hang in there with me. I am going to try to post every day, though as you can imagine, it's difficult to cook every day and document every meal when you work over 50 hours a week.
Anyway, look around! I have a sweet navigation bar- including tabs for a recipe directory, go-to meals (usually in a box or bag), and restaurant reviews. I will also be continuously adding tips & tricks to use in the kitchen.
Some tidbits about me:
- I frequently pin food to my Food & Drinks board on Pinterest. I find so many great recipes through Pinterest and other blogs and this particular board of mine vastly outnumbers any other board of mine.
- I'm Cuban and Italian, with a little bit Spanish (from Spain) thrown in. Needless to say, I come from a family, on both sides, of great cooks and good meals.
- I dream of moving gracefully around my kitchen (a joke in and of itself- I don't think I'm graceful with anything I do), making primarily Italian food, and pronouncing Italian words like Giada DeLaurentiis does. I tried once; I sounded ridiculous.
- I take pictures of my food when I'm eating out and I feel like I'm a crazy for doing so. But, I have to! How else would I share anything with you all. If you take pictures of your food when you're out, do you use a cell phone to hide the fact that you're taking a picture? Do you use your best DSLR with a super lens and just not worry about other people?
- My favorite food is pasta. I also love a nice, full salad.
- I subscribe to 5 food magazines (Food Network, Cuisine At Home, Everyday with Rachael Ray, Bon Appetite, Food & Wine).
- I also subscribe to 3 different email lists for daily recipes.
So, I'm glad you stopped by! Like I say in my About Me section, cooking is a passion of mine. An intense hobby. Something I enjoy doing all the time. Sometimes, instead of relaxing and reading a book, or partaking in some reality TV watching, I decide to spend a couple of hours in the kitchen, making new dishes.
Coming up on the blog? Featured desserts!
Nutella Peanut Butter Pie...wow. Just, wow.